ASNY Annual Meeting 2016
All New York Licensed Acupuncturists are cordially invited to attend the ASNY annual meeting. The ASNY annual meeting is an opportunity to receive information first-hand from your representatives and to directly have your voice heard and help guide the direction of ASNY moving forward. We welcome any who are able to attend and look forward to working together to improve the state of our profession in New York.
Meeting agenda to include…
● Introductions of current board members
● Elections for director vacancies**
● Organizational updates
● Legislative effort updates including the Public Safety Bill, Workers Comp Bill, and Essential Health Benefits
● Dry needling status in New York
● Q & A
**(All current professional members only, in good standing are allowed a vote for directors. Nominations currently being accepted until April 1st, 2016. See below for details)
2 PDA credits will be awarded to ASNY members only, for organizational work on legislative issues.
The Board of Directors is excited to announce that ASNY is currently seeking nominations for directors to join our team. This upcoming election cycle we would like to fill up to 3 director vacancies.
Serving as a director on the ASNY Board is a profound way to professionally contribute to making acupuncture accessible, sustainable, and of the highest quality and standards possible in New York. Directors are valuable team players, volunteering their skills, knowledge, and time to address the many challenges acupuncturists face in our state effectively based on priorities expressed by our membership.
Please consider your personal and professional situations now. Do you...
● have an interest in being a positive influence for your profession?
● have skills or knowledge to share in leadership, organization, marketing, technology, education, or business
● have connections with other organizations, legislators, educators, health practitioners or other supporters of acupuncture
● have resources you could contribute to improve the field for acupuncture in NY?
● Are you a team player?
● Would you like more opportunities for growing your skills or practice?
● Are you concerned about things like dry needling, insurance coverage, parity amongst healthcare professionals, fair fees...?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we encourage you to consider joining our team. Nomination submissions are currently being accepted until April 1st, 2016. Current professional membership in good standing is required to be considered. If interested, please send your curriculum vitae or resume with a letter of interest and a short (1-2 paragraph) biography to: email@example.com
Once reviewed, the Board will contact you to set up a phone interview. Thank you for your membership and support!