For Your Immediate Attention!
Ever wonder how ASNY is governed? Our ratified Bylaws are up on our site in the About section. We are asking all members to take a look and give us any comments or feedback. We will be sending out a formal survey later in the year to make any changes and will update the newest ratified ASNY Bylaws at the ASNY annual meeting, meeting date still TBD.
PROTECT. ADVOCATE. GROW.
ASNY is a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt trade association organized for the benefit of its members. ASNY Members are professional Licensed Acupuncturists (L.Acs), OM Herbalists, Students, Vendors, and Patients & Supporters of the Acupuncture Industry. Together we strive to preserve, protect and advance the profession of Acupuncture as well as improve access to people in need of Acupuncture throughout New York.
Become a member
Join ASNY today where you have voting rights on important issues and make your voice heard.
Attend an Event
View our calendar of events to find CEU Classes and other networking opportunities.
We always need volunteers! Join one of our committees where your efforts can make an impact.
Why Join ASNY
ASNY serves as a platform from which the profession as a whole may have a voice. That voice is only as strong as we make it. Joining your state society is invaluable and a powerful way to make your voice heard!
ASNY believes that advocating for Licensed Acupuncturists (L.Acs), Students, and Patients in New York is our top priority. ASNY has been a leading educational resource and advocacy platform for Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine throughout New York for over 30 years. We are an organization of volunteers that strives to serve our profession by listening to its members and transparently engaging in activities that align with our mission. We believe that to successfully carry out our mission, we must be a strong, unified, and coherent voice for our profession in New York State.
Our Mission Statement
The Acupuncture Society of New York mission is to promote the practice of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in New York State. We fulfill our mission by:
- Educating our members through newsletters, lectures and continuing educational courses.
- Negotiating specific benefits for our members from suppliers, vendors and educators.
- Providing a consistent contact point for the press and media.
- Steering potential patients to our members through our website referral pages.
- Keeping abreast and pro-active in appropriate NY State legislative issues.
- Participating in national conferences.
- Maintaining cordial relationships with other state associations, and national organizations