Membership Committee Mission
The Mission of the Membership Committee is to develop and maintain programs that will address the needs of NYS L.Acs in every region. This committee will also develop outreach programs for both students and unaffiliated members.
Membership Committee Responsibilities
- Maintain Member list by Regions
- Develop and Maintain Member Outreach Program
- Develop Member Drives
- Develop School Outreach Programs
- Nominate Regional Directors to BOD
NYS has many different geographical communities. Each of these communities has unique opportunities, challenges, and needs. ASNY Regional Reps are volunteers in each of the 10 state regions who facilitate active engagement with the practitioners in their area. They also assess, vocalize and bring any local issues to the ASNY Board, allowing ASNY to be responsive to the needs of its members throughout our vast state.
Becoming a regional rep is a great way to build community, help our profession and expand your resume without a huge time commitment. The requirements are to volunteer 6-8 hours a year doing the following:
- Plan a regional annual gathering (picnic, lunch, coffee meetup or virtual event) once a year
- Attend minimum of 4 out of 10 monthly virtual Membership Committee meetings each year
- Share resources with practitioners in your area
- If member needs more help, refer to mentorship program